Hello everyone and Happy National S'mores Day! S'mores have always been one of my all time favorite desserts, not because of the because of fire-roasted marshmallow, the warm melty chocolate, or the sweet and salty graham cracker, but all the memories I associate them with! Growing up in Southern California I was always close to both the mountains and the beach and at the end of the day, whether it be hiking in Big Bear or surfing at Newport a bonfire was always the perfect ending. No bonfire is complete without S'MORES!! However, I understand that we don't always have access to, or have time to have bonfires when those s'more cravings hit, so I am sharing my Mini S'mores Tarts recipe! These super easy and super delicious s'mores tarts are easy to make and can be made anywhere, no bonfire required!! Perfect for any occasion, just be sure to make extra because you're going to want s'more!
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Marshmallow fluff or mini marshmallows ( I used marshmallow fluff but the recipe would be great with mini marshmallows too!)
- 8, 4 inch tartlet pans or a lined cupcake tin
- Kitchen torch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. While butter is melting, Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Transfer crumbs into a medium mixing bowl, pour melted butter over and mix until all of the crumbs are moist.
- Press crumbs into 8 tartlet pans or cupcake liners.
- Bake tartlet pans for 10 minutes or 6 minutes for the cupcake liners. Cool completely.
- To make the chocolate ganache filling, measure 16oz of chocolate chips into a large heatproof mixing bowl.
- Heat up heavy cream over medium heat until it begins to slowly boil. Immediately pour over chocolate and let sit for five minutes. After the five minutes is over whisk until smooth. If any lumps remain, microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Pour ganache into tartlets. Only fill about 3/4 to ensure there is room for the marshmallow topping!
- Allow ganache to set completely, about 2 hours at room temperature or an hour in the fridge.
- Top with marshmallow fluff or mini marshmallows and toast with a kitchen torch! Serve immediately! (I do not recommend using the broiler because the ganache will melt and the topping will lose shape.)